Members of Team SJS just minutes before the start of the 2010 Fox Cities Half Marathon!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

You're kidding, right?


It's been a disappointing week for training! Although we were away on a nice family vacation, I only got one run in. I ran 3 miles on the treadmill on Monday and then on Wednesday, sprained or broke my pinky toe so bad I couldn't wear a shoe. No running for me in flip flops! I have very little movement in my toes, which makes them stiff and very brittle. There's been so much nerve damage and atrophy that I can very easily injur them. In fact, this is the second time in three months that this has happened.

So now it's Saturday. Last night I got a shoe on and ran 2 miles on the treadmill, but I struggled with that. I just can't seem to step down on that foot! And, on top of that frustration, I am scheduled to run my long run today. 5 miles. It's the last one scheduled until I bop up to 6 miles next week. Honestly, I'm feeling pretty down today!

I try to remain as positive as possible all of the time, at least in front of other people. But I have to say that today is not one of my good days. I'm watching the event ticker count down the days and am worried that I'm NEVER going to be ready in time! Seriously? What the hell am I thinking? What is it in my little brain that has made me think that I can do this? I've never run that far, even before the SJS! What makes me think that my tired, weak and "old" body can take this? Uh, I just don't know. Today, I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment