Members of Team SJS just minutes before the start of the 2010 Fox Cities Half Marathon!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ok, so what's on the schedule?!

I decided today to take a look at my race calendar for the year.  There are so many awesome events and I keep hearing about more and more of them, getting me excited to sign up for as many as I can.  However, I am not one of the elite runners who can make a living at this, so I have to limit myself so I don't go broke!  With the way the cost of these races have continued to increase over the years, it would be easy to do. 

So as of right now, here is my schedule of events!
May 7, 2011 Sole Burner 5k - Appleton, WI
June 4, 2011 Dam to Dam 20k - Des Moines, IA
June 18, 2011 High Cliff Half Iron Man - Sherwood, WI
August 6, 2011 Otto Grunski 10k - Menasha, WI
August 7, 2011 Oshkosh Triathlon - Winneconne, WI
September 18, 2011 Fox Cities Half Marathon - Menasha, WI

Like I said, that's my list as of today!  I'm sure it'll change as the year goes along.  I'm just hoping to train safely and go another year uninjured!!  So far, training is moving along.  I'm rebuilding, and so my "long runs" have been at 4 miles.  This week, I am supposed to put in 5 miles as my long run.  It has been difficult to get all of my training days in between work and the weather, but I'm hanging in there.

I have had a few exciting things happen over the past few weeks.  Several high school friends have shared with me that they are getting into running and exercise!  I am so happy for them and some of us are planning to do the Sole Burner together.  I've also had some other friends share with me their weight loss goals and the progress they have been making.  It is so wonderful to see the people I care about put themselves back on their own list of important people!  It's exciting to watch and to be able to be a support to them if ever they need it.  And today, I sent out the official invitation to all of my friends for the Fox Cities Team SJS!  Can't believe it's that time again!

So that's all for now.  Focusing on another year of events and raising awareness with every step!

No comments:

Post a Comment