Members of Team SJS just minutes before the start of the 2010 Fox Cities Half Marathon!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Training run jitters?

So I'm nervous for my 5 mile training run tomorrow. I don't know why, but I am. My stomach has butterflies, I wish I could jump out of my skin and I know I'm not going to be able to sleep. Can you imagine what race day is going to be like? Ah!!!

For crying out loud, it's just a jog. An hour of putting one foot ahead of the other. I can run as fast or as slow as I want, I could slow down to a walk, I could lay down in someone's yard and stretch if I wanted. And that just might happen! There is no time limit, no finish line, no stop watch, no crowd. Just me, my running shoes and my ipod with my favorite songs to pull me through.

I've got the route mapped out and am planning on getting up early to beat the heat. So, who the hell cares? Just run it and do the best you can! You're not being judged by anyone on your form or how strong you finish. It's a training run, Kendra, and that's all it is! And tomorrow morning, after you set out for those 5 miles and finish them successfully, you can come home, sign in, and write about how you did it! That the first 5 miler is over and behind you!! One more step between you and that damn illness! And one more step forward to the rest of your life. Your new life. Your great life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment