Members of Team SJS just minutes before the start of the 2010 Fox Cities Half Marathon!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Breath of fresh air!

Well, if you've been following along through this entire process, you will know that I have struggled off and on and especially over these past couple of weeks.  It seems that my recent posts are filled with doubt.  It's been a true test of my mental strength and I can honestly tell you that today felt like a break through in that area!

A few of my close friends have been telling me to simplify!  Back off of the pressure and stress on myself.  So this morning, without even planning a route really or eating my tedious pre-longrun dinner, I laced up the shoes and turned up the tunes!!  The weather was PERFECT!  Cloudy and cooler, it just felt great!  I grabbed some nutrition this time that my friend, Kevin, gave to me and insisted I try.  I was able to take it about an hour in and I will say that I felt stronger than I have in months!!!  Probably since the Bellin!!  It was amazing to me!!  No stomach cramps, no pain, no tightness in my chest and my legs felt like they could go forever!

I ended up doing more than 10 miles, but I know I could have gone another 4 or 5!  I felt that good!!!  It was the confidence boost I needed to know that in three weeks, I am going to pull this off.  And I'm going to enjoy it!  Every moment of the entire weekend!

Can't wait to share this year's race with you!  I want to thank all of my friends and family for the love and support over these past months of training!  Can't wait to celebrate when it's all done and over with!!  It's getting close now and the excitement is building!!!  Woo hoo!  Let's go!!

1 comment: