Members of Team SJS just minutes before the start of the 2010 Fox Cities Half Marathon!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Team SJS Race Day Shirts!!

Well, here they are! The team shirts are done and ready to be ordered! If you are interested in helping spread awareness and would like to order one, let me know!!

A special thanks goes to Jason Allwardt for his creativity, time, skill and generosity for designing these shirts! He asked me what I wanted, ran with it and practically read my mind! I wanted something that symbolized the uphill journey that all of us SJS survivors and family members go through as well as the mountain known as training for the half marathon!!! I am so grateful to my dear friend! Thank you, Jason! And I also want to thank his beautiful wife, Stephanie, who is doing the printing of these bad boys! Without her and Eagle Graphics, these may not have been a possibility! Thanks, Steph!!

Now that the shirts are well underway, I am unable to contain my excitement! This entire journey over the past 6 months has really become more than just a dream! It is becoming more and more real every day! Getting to run the half marathon is a dream I have had for about 5 years, but never thought that I could do. I would quit or give up on myself just when I thought it was too tough. Now, quitting is not even a possibility! Oh don't get me wrong, I have thought about it! But my heart just won't let me.

And to share this with my dearest friends and family is almost overwhelming! I have been amazed by the outpouring of love and support from so many people. The number of people who are signing up to do these 13.1 miles is incredible. And for those who aren't able to be here or do it, are supporting me with kind words, ordering shirts and donating to the Stevens Johnson Syndrome Foundation or the Boston Foundation for Sight. My heart is so full of gratitude! I have never felt this way before and I feel so lucky to be able to feel it! Two years ago today, I was on a respirator and the smile I gave my mom before she left the hospital that day was the most energy I could exert! Not anymore!!

Only 66 days until race day!! This weekend is an 8 mile run. So it's full steam ahead from here on out! Let's do it people! Let's do it together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment